Return to CLIP Main Page
Next: Java-related Functionality
Up: Document: pillow_sl_imperial
Previous: Limitations of CGI
- Standard solution: make the application be a permanently running
process. A small CGI script (generally written in perl) connects and
disconnects form it for every interaction.
- In LP/CLP:
- The running process is a standard application.
- The CGI executable can be an LP/CLP script.
- Communication by standard means: sockets, blackboards, etc.
- Several solutions proposed for dealing with several running
sessions at the same time (in essence, concurrency is needed).
- ``Active modules'' can be used well for this purpose.
Last updated on Mon Mar 31 20:49:44 MET DST 1997