Return to CLIP Main Page
Next: Global Outline
Up: Document: pillow_sl_imperial
Previous: Document: pillow_sl_imperial
- Can Logic and Constraint Logic Programming be an attractive
alternative for Internet/WWW programming?
- Shared with other net programming tools:
- dynamic memory management,
- well-behaved structure and pointer manipulation,
- robustness, compilation to architecture-independent bytecode, ...
- In addition:
- powerful symbolic processing capabilities,
- dynamic databases,
- search facilities,
- sophisticated meta-programming / higher order,
- easy code (agent) motion,
- well understood semantics, ...
- Most LP/CLP systems already have Internet connection
capabilities (e.g., socket interfaces).
- Some ``glue code'' needed: we present several techniques for
``filling in the gaps'' (available as public domain libraries).
- We also try to answer the question: is there anything
fundamental missing in current LP/CLP systems?
Last updated on Mon Mar 31 20:49:44 MET DST 1997